Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of facility machinery, the support equipment, building and equipment on the grounds.
Required Skills, Education, and Training:
– Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
– Advanced skills required in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, plumbing, carpentry, piping systems, and PLC programming.
– Ability to reference technical manuals and parts catalogs.
– Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
– Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
– Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
– Good mechanical ability with a general background in mechanics and electricity.
– Prior work experience that demonstrates the skills necessary for machine repair and understanding of electricity.
– Ability to work with and use hand and power tools.
– General knowledge of computers and robotics helpful.
– Repair and keep operating the machines and support equipment in the plant.
– Drive hi-los and reach truck.
– Install machines which includes rigging, loading and unloading.
– Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery.
– Lock out equipment during maintenance and repair as required.
– Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery.
– Using hi-los, cranes and loading machines.
– Perform electrical and plumbing installation and repairs.
– Construct structures
– Perform basic repairs to building such as window repairs and plumbing fixtures.
– Inventory of parts for maintenance purposes.
– Build and maintain machine guards, guard rails and other secondary equipment.
– Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
– Communicate with supervisors and operators.
– Maintain and secure work tools.
– Clean and maintain work area.
– Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Climbing up on top of and down below machines.
– Reaching above and below the waist.
– Reaching close and far (less than 12″, more than 12″).
– Lifting 10-50lbs.
– Repetitive use of hands, writing, using hand tools.
– Grasping with right and left hand.
– Requires standing and walking.
– Capable of climbing in and around machinery.
– Capable of using electrical, hand, and air powered tools weighing 1-4lbs each.
– Requires hearing, listening for warning bells and sounds indicating machine is malfunctioning.
– Requires bending, stooping, squatting and crouching.
– Requires twisting, stooping, pushing and pulling.
– All movements are repetitive motions with the upper body, lower body and extremities.
– Work Independently.
– Make Decisions.
– Be safety conscious.
– Courteous and helpful to others.
– Maintaining good concentration and attention to detail.
– Use good judgement.
– Troubleshoot — Analyze and evaluate problems with processes and related equipment.
– Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
– Work may involve frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds.
– Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hard hats.
– Moderate to maximum noise levels may require hearing protection.
– Inside 90%, Outside 10%, Extreme temperatures, cold (for outside work in winter), heat (110+ in summer).
– Work may require evening and weekend work.
– Working with electricity and harnessed energy.
– Working with moving mechanical parts.
– Working in confined space.
– Working on top of roofs and silos.
– Observe and comply with all company established rules and safety practices.
– Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
– Must wear all required personal protective equipment in designated areas.
– Care necessary to avoid placing self and others in an unsafe environment.
By applying to this job, you are authorizing MCM Staffing, LLC to text you about this job opportunity or any other future job opportunity.